If working in an office in front of a computer is your idea of hell, we have the ideal job vacancy for you!
Are you fit and active and like to be outside speaking to customers?
Would you like to work at our Markets and Events?
We are looking for someone to work at the markets to sell our cheese. This is a part time position working mainly weekends, with weekdays in the lead up to Christmas. If events are scheduled on a Bank Holiday you may be required to work.
With this role you would also need to get involved with production & despatch of our cheeses.
· For this position we want outgoing people with an enthusiasm for food! This role is really important to our business, ultimately we need you to sell our cheese but we also love feedback from our employees and love you to be involved in the marketing.
· You will be serving prepacked cheeses, training will be given in future to allow you to cut the cheeses on the stall.
· You need to have excellent customer service & excellent food safety
· You are on your feet for the vast majority of this job. If this would be difficult for you, this job probably isn’t for you.
· It’s a long day, involving picking up cheese from the farm, setting up and trading and bringing the van back. But you do get to drive a van and we will be as flexible as we can be in terms of pick-ups and drop offs.
· Experience is desired although not necessary
· You must be able to work all weekends
· You need a good work ethic & friendly personality.
· You must have a full driving licence with access to transport. You will be required to drive our vans.
This is a hard job; but it’s lovely too. We are a small company and you will become part of the team, and we’re a nice team. The food community in the North East is a very friendly one, and the traders look out for one another. Christmas markets are the busiest, but there is a wonderful buzz about them, and you can’t help but feel festive. The work is varied, and you’ll get to know great venues in the North East. The cheese is also delicious and staff discount can be enjoyed after 3 months with the company. Come work with us!
To apply for this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.